Image Source: Canva
When it comes time to sell your home, first impressions are crucial. Improving your curb appeal helps to make the most of a buyer’s first glance and sets the stage for their interest in purchasing your home. The following projects are simple and inexpensive ways to enhance both your home’s first impression and its value.
- Lawn: A healthy, well-tended lawn goes a long way towards improving your curb appeal. Clean up all weeds, leaves and debris, and consistently water your lawn to give it that fresh green look. If you live in an arid climate, consider grass alternatives like artificial turf for the best lawn aesthetic.
- Plant colorfully: Adding color variety to your front yard will grab buyers’ attention. Align smaller plants, like groundcover and flowers, neatly within your flower beds, aiming for symmetry when possible. Use larger plants and trees to frame in your entryway or walkup. If your front yard doesn’t have flower beds, try adding hanging planters or window boxes.
- Lighting: Landscaping lighting boosts your curb appeal during nighttime, accentuates your shrubbery, and adds a welcoming touch for visitors as potential buyers, lighting the way to your door.
Image Source: Canva
Front porches set the stage for all your home has to offer. Improvements here will play a significant role in how comfortable potential buyers feel about the property and how inspired they are to explore the inside of the house.
- Door: Your front door is an opportunity to make a tasteful statement. Look at bold color choices that are within or slightly stretch your home’s exterior color palette. Take time to prepare the surface for a fresh coat of paint to make the color pop as much as possible. Try stylish doorknob options that accentuate the aesthetic to give your door some added flair.
- House numbers: New and stylish house numbers are an easy, eye-catching touch to the look of your porch. Look for styles that match with your exterior color palette and any exterior lighting fixtures.
- Go for comfort: Incorporating classic front porch elements like a porch swing, sitting bench, and other outdoor furniture gives a welcoming aura to the front of your home and creates a sense of comfort for prospective buyers.
- Shutters: Windows are the gateway to the inside of your home. Shutters of delicate fabric will bring elegance to your front porch, while wooden shutters deliver a solid, cozy vibe.
These miscellaneous projects will add the finishing touches to your home’s curb appeal and get it in prime selling condition.
- Quick maintenance: Small chores and minor fixes like cleaning gutters, repairing chipped paint, and cleaning windows are important for buyers with a detailed eye.
- Staining: Instead of replacing fences or garage doors, look into applying a fresh stain. This brings a refreshed look and is much cheaper than a full renovation or replacement.
- Power wash: Power washing your walkways and driveways makes a significant difference in curb appeal. If buying a power washer is outside your budget, explore rental options from the big-name hardware stores.
Main-level condo in southwest Fort Collins! Situated near the foothills in a landmark castle building, this 2 bedroom unit features excellent craftsmanship from top to bottom. From the kitchen with new shaker cabinets and quartz surfaces to the spacious master suite, this unit is top-notch! New vinyl plank flooring accentuates the large living room with a gas fireplace. New paint, light fixtures, hardware, and custom top down/bottom up blinds throughout. All appliances are included. Private exterior entry. Detached garage with additional storage and assigned parking space for owner and visitor convenience. Just a quick jaunt to bike trails, Horsetooth Reservoir, and most any service this great community has to offer! Call (970) 237-2752 for your private showing or click the link below for more details.
This fantastic end unit town-home at 3549 Red Mountain Dr features an open floor plan, a spacious kitchen, vaulted ceilings, a main level master, and a second bedroom or office. Fully finished basement with three additional bedrooms, bath, and sprawling recreation room. One car detached garage, carport and additional parking. Newer furnace, AC, paint and flooring. Super close to schools, shopping, and public transportation. Call for your private showing at (970) 237-2752 for more information or click the link below for more details.
This fantastic ranch-style home on a cul-de-sac at 2650 W 44th St in Loveland’s popular Mountain Vista neighborhood comes with an open floor plan, updated kitchen, and an updated main level bathroom. Two bedrooms on the main level and a third with a rec room and full bath in the basement. Enjoy entertaining and relaxing in the low-maintenance, fully-fenced back yard. Call for your private showing at (970) 237-2752 for more information or click the link below for more details.
This fantastic home at 3927 Gardenwall Ct is at the end of a cul-de-sac in the popular Waterglen neighborhood features an open ﬂoor plan with vaulted ceilings and ﬁreplace. Your new home is move-in ready. All three bedrooms, including a great master suite are on the second ﬂoor. Enjoy the large fenced back yard adjacent to a sprawling green area, while relaxing on the large stamped concrete patio. Close to I-25 and Old Town. A beautiful home and excellent value! Call for your private showing at (970) 237-2752 for more information or click the link below for more details.
Nestled on a quiet cul-de-sac, 3215 Burning Bush in The Ponds neighborhood. This home features a main-level master suite with 5-piece bath & large walk-in closet. Sprawling kitchen with granite counter tops & plenty of cabinet space. Formal dining & living rooms with vaulted ceilings & fireplace. Nicely finished garden level basement with large rec room, bedroom, & storage. Brand new interior paint & carpet throughout! Elevated deck overlooks beautifully landscaped yard backing to green space with excellent views. Call for your private showing at (970) 237-2752 for more information or click the link below for more details.
This gorgeous town home at 2033 Scarecrow Road is located in the wildly popular Bucking Horse neighborhood! Boasting a spacious main level & sprawling kitchen. Your new home features wood floors, granite counter tops, & custom back splash. Fantastic hand-crafted fireplace enclosure with lighted shelving. Beautiful master suite & additional bedroom with private bath on the second level. Large front porch & enclosed yard with raised garden beds round out this amazing home. Management fee includes water, trash & neighborhood pool! Call for your private showing at 970-237-2752 for more information or click the link below for more details.
This home at 4013 Capstone Ct features a gorgeous kitchen with Ikea cabinets and stainless-steel appliances. Wide open ﬂoor plan with high vaulted ceilings and wood ﬂoors in the kitchen, living and dining rooms. Family room with high-end ﬁreplace insert and blower. Finished basement offers built in bookcases & wet bar w/ another bedroom and bath. Large deck and mature landscaping for outdoor entertaining and relaxing. Call for your private showing at 970-237-2752 for more information or click the link below for more details.
This beautiful home in Fort Collins at 1309 Saint Croix Pl features an open ﬂoor plan with vaulted ceilings and a large kitchen. You’ll ﬁnd hardwood ﬂoors, a gas ﬁreplace and the study with french doors to be a classy touch. The 5-piece bath accentuates the spacious master suite. Sprawling backyard and deck for relaxing and entertaining. Not to mention plenty of storage space. Call for your private showing at 970-237-2752 or click the link below for more details.
Fantastic 3 bedroom 2 bathroom ranch-style home at 205 W. 50th St in Loveland’s popular Ranch Acres neighborhood. Boasting a large kitchen, separate dining area and spacious living room with a wood-burning fireplace, this home has a great balance of updates and vintage charm. Your new home sets on over a quarter acre lot with a huge yard and large shade trees… not to mention two storage sheds, a sprawling wood deck and fire pit. Oversized two-car attached garage. A great home at a great value! Call for your private showing at 970-237-2752 or click the link below for more details.