Working from home is an aspiration for many of us, but to do so effectively takes work. A disorganized space at home can be just as troublesome as a hectic office. The most disciplined telecommuters will tell you that you need a structured routine and organization to rise and grind and get into work mode.
Having a designated workspace is quite possibly the most important piece to the work-from-home pie. Even if you live in a small space, you need to find a balance between home and office. People who work from home often have a difficult time separating work hours from their non-work hours because it’s so easy to keep at it late into the night. But maintaining a balance and shutting down the computer is important for overall wellbeing. What are some other must-haves for a successful home office? Here are the top five:
- Natural Light – Study upon study tells us that natural light is needed to boost productivity and mood. Make sure to set your desk up as close to a window as you can. If being near a window isn’t an option, a natural light lamp is the next best thing. It helps balance your body clock and leaves you feeling rested and refreshed.
- To-Do List or Planner – Start each day off by making a to-do list outlining what you need to get done before the end of the workday. Make sure to set a realistic time frame in which all of that should be completed, so you can check each one off the list and feel immense accomplishment once you’ve completed them all.
- Storage – If you have a big enough space, put in a large bookshelf where you can organize everything (think storage boxes). It reduces clutter and looks stylish. Using your walls and cabinetry is the most efficient use of space.
- Calendar – Many people tend to rely on digital calendars these days because of their convenience. When all of your devices sync together and pop up with reminders, you never have to worry about missing an appointment. However, many people find that it helps to keep a paper calendar handy too so you can easily view your whole month at a glance.
- Space for Inspiration – It doesn’t matter what field you work in, having a source of inspiration in your workspace is essential. Whether it’s a photo of your family, your dream car, or that vacation you’ve been dying to take, having that inspiration right in front of you provides a constant reminder of why you do what you do.
This fantastic end unit town-home at 3549 Red Mountain Dr features an open floor plan, a spacious kitchen, vaulted ceilings, a main level master, and a second bedroom or office. Fully finished basement with three additional bedrooms, bath, and sprawling recreation room. One car detached garage, carport and additional parking. Newer furnace, AC, paint and flooring. Super close to schools, shopping, and public transportation. Call for your private showing at (970) 237-2752 for more information or click the link below for more details.
This super-clean and well-kept home at 4306 Sunridge Dr features an open layout with newer ﬂooring and a super trendy kitchen! Granite counter-tops, convection oven and custom lighting. Finished basement with rec room (pool table included!) and ﬂex space for a possible ofﬁce or non-conforming fourth bedroom. Brand new exterior paint and a newer roof! Large covered deck overlooks the sprawling fully-fenced back yard with a view of Horseshoe Lake. Call for your private showing at 970-237-2752 for more information or click the link below for more details.
This wonderfully maintained home at 5606 Calgary St boasts a wide-open ﬂoor plan with large living areas, to include a cozy family room with ﬁreplace. Formal living and dining rooms. Sprawling kitchen with wood ﬂoors & lots of counter and cabinet space. Upper level features an awesome master suite, large loft and two additional bedrooms. Fourth bedroom or ofﬁce on the main level. Amazing pool, clubhouse, ﬁshing ponds & work-out facility, and in the Poudre School District. Call for your private showing at 970-237-2752 for more information or click the link below for more details.